Add a Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor …
… to your home automation system and trigger other devices at will – you may receive an immediate alert if an unexpected motion is detected while you’re away or asleep. The sensor can also detect temperature and trigger smart thermostats, window A/C units and portable heaters to automatically adjust as people come and go.
Or you could trigger lights to automatically turn on when you enter a room or turn off when there’s no motion for a specified length of time.
The sensor measures only 2 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 0.8 inches thick, it has a range of approximately 50-130 feet, depending on your home’s construction. You can place it on a table or shelf, or use the included adhesive or mounting bracket and screws to place it on a wall. The Motion requires the SmartThings Hub.
What does the Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor work with?
- Connects to the Samsung SmartThings Hub to automate and monitor your home from the SmartThings smart phone app.
- Receive an alert if there's unexpected movement in your home, or if children access dangerous or off-limit areas
- Set connected lights to turn on and off automatically as people come and go
- Set connected lights to turn on and off automatically if there's unexpected movement
- SmartThings works with products from Samsung, Amazon, Bose, Schlage, Yale, Cree, Osram Lightify, Honeywell, First Alert, and more. Look for the Works With SmartThings logo or visit smartthings.com for a look at the full list of compatible devices.